If you have been coming to Dog Days for any length of time now, there's no doubt you have seen our little container on the reception desk containing our world famous home made hot dog treats. Our doggie customers love them and we get asked frequently how to make them.
Well, the wait is over and we will now pull back the curtains of our top secret kitchens here at Dog Days and share with you our world renown recipe. Please try to contain your excitement as we begin!
- First, you need a package of chicken hot dogs, not beef. Muy importante.
- Next, slice the hot dogs long ways to cut them in half. The suspense is building isn't it?
- Cut those halves into 1/8 inch slices.
- Then, dust them with a generous amount of garlic powder. Not garlic salt...garlic powder. Mix them around a bit, and then re apply garlic powder. Mmmmmmm.
- Now, pop them in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir them about a bit, then back in the microwave and nuke for another 4 minutes. The idea here is to get rid of all the moisture.
Done. Pretty complicated right?
Keep in mind your house will probably smell like toasted hot dogs for a day or so, but your fur bud will thank you for it!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey there! I'm Matt Blair and I'm the lead groomer here at Dog Days Daycare Center. I'm a graduate of Nash Academy of Animal Arts and have been grooming since our doors opened here 10 years ago. I'm also the unofficial social media guru, IT guy, and web developer around these parts.